As an employee of an Organizational Affiliate, you have the opportunity to get a complimentary HIMSS individual membership through organization’s OA program
If you are new to HIMSS (have not purchased anything from HIMSS or created an account previously) and would like to join for the first time, please use this link: marketplace.himss.org/membership/oa-sign-up and follow the instructions below, making sure you complete all of the necessary screens:
If you are new to HIMSS - not previously created an account with HIMSS or don’t remember if you have:
- Please click on the “Click Here” link in the pink box under Individual Organizational Affiliate.
- On the next screen under “New to HIMSS?” click on “Create Account Now”.
- You must use an approved email address (your employee email address). Enter all information marked with an asterisk, choose a Username and Password then click the “Create Now” button. This will take you to the Organizational Affiliate Membership Sign-Up screen.
- Click the “Join” button. On the Individual Organizational Affiliate Membership Profile screen, please be sure to click on Edit to add your personal address OR click on Use Organization Address, and check your Contact Info as well as Salutation Info.
- To get your complimentary chapter membership, choose your chapter from the dropdown box, selecting the Region, then the Chapter.
- Click “Next”. This will take you to a screen that says “You are now a member!” On this page you can: Change you Complimentary Chapter, Join Professional Communities and Manage Email & Newsletter Preferences.
At the bottom of the screen, you will find a summary of your membership order.
Once you have completed this process, you will receive an automatically-generated email with your HIMSS Member number and then you will be able to login to your profile via the HIMSS website.
If you have previously created an account through the HIMSS website (a membership, book purchase, webinar registration, etc.), please send an email to OA@himss.org from your employee email address stating that you already have a membership or account. If you already have a member number, please include it. One of the Organizational Affiliate Relationship Managers will contact you to assist with getting your complimentary membership set up.