Population Health Event
Kells Irish Pub, Ceili Ballroom (Upstairs)
112 SW Second Avenue
Portland, OR 97204
Clinical Expertise and Patient Expertise = Shared Decision Making. (SDM) is a key component of Population Health Management. Attendees will gain a better understanding of how SDM is being used in the clinical/patient encounter in Oregon and IT’s integral role in its successful implementation and utilization.
Presenters will address the following areas:
- Explain what clinicians want when asking for Shared Decision Making tools
- Share experiential/usage information for how the tools were adopted
- Discuss Information Technology’s integral role in SDM’s successful implementation and utilization
Actual use cases will be presented where SDM was utilized. This is an interactive event please bring your questions.
- Dr. Andy Felcher - Hospitalist Physician, Director of Guidelines, Evidence-based Medicine, and Shared Decision Making, Kaiser Permanente
- Karen Eden, Ph.D., Associate Professor of the Department of Medical Informatics and Clinical Epidemiology, OHSU.
- Rozie Lindsay – Senior IT Project Manager, Care Delivery Technology Services, Kaiser Permanente
5:30 - 6:00 p.m. - Networking, Appetizers and Beverages
6:00 – 6:45 p.m. – Panel Presentations
6:45 – 7:00 p.m. – Audience Q & A
7:00 – 7:30 p.m. – Networking
Cost is $25 HIMSS Members, $35 Non-Members, $15 students and will include a free drink ticket. Hors d’oeuvres will be served. RSVP by clicking on the REGISTER button.
This event has been approved for up to 1 hour in continuing education (CE) hours for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the Certified Professional in Healthcare Management Systems (CPHIMS) and Certified Associate in Healthcare Information and Management Systems (CAHIMS).
Thank you to our sponsors for their generous support. Sponsorship opportunities are still available. Please contact Rex Eads at firstname.lastname@example.org or click on for additional sponsorship information .