Oregon Chapter of HIMSS 2018 Annual Conference - Leveraging Data to Improve Access and Care
DoubleTree Hilton - Holladay Ballroom
1000 NE Multnomah Street
Portland, OR 97232
Attend the Oregon Chapter of HIMSS Annual Conference May 17, 2018 at the DoubleTree Hilton in Portland to learn how national and local organizations are innovating in the areas of Population Health, Informatics, and Technology Risk Management.
Bring your questions and join us for an informative conference with industry leading speakers, panel members, interactive breakout sessions, and the opportunity to network with hundreds of other Health IT professionals. Learn more about the annual conference presenters.
Conference Panel and Presentations Include:
- State of the State of HIT, Susan Otter, Director of Health Information Technology at the Oregon Health Authority
- Decision Support: An Interdisciplinary Approach, Brett Downen, Lead Manager of Imaging Informatics, Kaiser Sunnyside Medical Center; TJ Anderson, Director of Knowledge Management and Decision Support, Department of Medical Informatics, Northwest Permanente; Bill Dussin, PharmD., CPHIMS, Informatics Pharmacist, Providence St. Joseph Health; Ruth Schleyer, Chief Nursing Informatics Officer, Legacy Health
- Population Health and Social Determinants of Health (SDoH), Juliana Wallace, Director Unity Services, Unity Center for Behavioral Health; Matthew Mitchell, Data Strategist, Central City Concern; Yelena Rozenfeld, Senior Data Scientist, Providence St. Joseph Health
- Process and Technical Infrastructure for Data Science ROI. Case Study: Predicting and Preventing Clinic No Shows, Tristan Markwell, Principal Strategic Scientist, Providence St. Joseph Health, Lindsay Mico, Senior Data Scientist, Providence St Joseph Health
- The One Problem We Solved This Year - Healthcare Leadership Panel, Moderator: Laureen O’Brien, Principal, LOB Consulting; David Strickland, VP / Regional CIO for Kaiser Permanente – Northwest; Maili Boynay, Vice President of Applications, Information Systems & Services, Legacy, Michael I. Lieberman, CHIO, OHSU, Valerie Fong, Chief Nursing Informatics Officer, Providence Health & Services, and Charlie Earle, Chief Information Officer, Unity Care Northwest
- Live! Live! Live! A Patient's Perspective, Lisa Layton, M.S. - CCC
- Technology Risk Management - Panel announced soon.
Who Should Attend: Health IT Professionals, Security, Risk Management and Compliance Officers, Informaticists, Health IT Project Managers, Analytics and Data Science leaders, Chief Data Officer/Chief Analytics Officer, and others providing clinical and business technologies and services.
8- 9:00 a.m. Check-In, Vendor Visits-Passport Program
9-12:00 p.m. State of the State, A Patient's Perspecitve on Healthcare Technology
12-1:15 p.m. Lunch, Vendor Visits-Passport Program
1:15-2:00 p.m. Population Health and Social Determinants of Health, Break, Interdisciplinary Informatics
2:15-3:00 p.m. Risk Technology Management and Process & Technical infrastructure for Data Science ROI
3:00-4:20 p.m. Reception Break, Healthcare Leadership Panel
4:20 -5:30 p.m. Closing Remarks, Passport Raffle Drawing, and Networking Reception
Sponsorship: Full day conference will include an exhibitor hall and networking opportunities during check-in, breaks, lunch, and an evening reception. Sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities are available. Please contact Rex Eads or additional sponsorship information.
Obtain CE Hours: This event has been approved for up to 7 hours in continuing education (CE) hours for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the Certified Professional Healthcare Information Management Systems (CPHIMS) and Certified Associate in Healthcare Information and Management Systems (CAHIMS).
Scholarships Available: The Oregon Chapter of HIMSS is excited to announce the launch of our event scholarship program. The Oregon HIMSS Scholarship Program creates 32 event scholarships designed for a mix of health IT students, military veterans and individuals interested in career growth and professional development. To apply for an event scholarship complete the short application. For more information contact Scott Zacks.
Registration: Register today to ensure your attendance, previous conferences have sold out weeks ahead of event. Registration includes lunch and a networking reception with appetizers served. Registration fees: HIMSS Member $110, Non-Member $159, Student HIMSS Member with valid ID $30, and Student Non-Member $60.
For additional cost savings become a member today and register for the conference at the member rate. If interested, sign up at annual membership.